The Yolo Center for Families provides services to maintain and improve the health of the community. We are a Certified Enrollment Center for children and adults under Cover California/Affordable Care Act, and one of the key services that we provide is the identification, enrollment and retention of uninsured children and adults in Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, and other public assistance health insurance programs. Because of the relationships and trust that we have developed with our families, we have been able to bring a range of health education topics and interventions to our families, including nutrition, exercise and physical activity, chronic disease management, and specific health risks such as hypertension, diabetes, and breast cancer.
- Our children’s health insurance program enrolls nearly 650 children in health coverage each year.
- Our peer health educators, who have been trained and certified under a Stanford University program, provide Chronic Disease Self-Management Training to the community. Participants complete 5 weekly sessions about how to understand and manage chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease.
- Knight Landing Medical Clinic, which we provide in collaboration with UC Davis medical students and Clinic Tepati, brings free primary care services to 162 uninsured and financially distressed citizens of Knights Landing.
- We provide an on-site service center at Woodland Healthcare to assist with medical insurance, health benefits, access to services, and other service needs. We provide services to over 800 people a year.
- Under a California Wellness grant, we trained 14 program participants to act as peer health educators and community leaders to provide health education and outreach to their communities.
Program Success Monitored By
We track the number of participants that we serve through our programs, including the type of services provided, and do periodic client satisfaction surveys.